Is your child ready for today’s world?
- In today’s world, it’s estimated that two-thirds of children worldwide are brought up bilingual or multilingual.
- In the U.S. 21% of Americans speak only English at home. In 28 years, American bilingualism in the general population has doubled.
- 50% of all people in the world are bilingual.
- In countries like Sweden and Luxembourg over 97% are bilingual or multilingual
- Of the world’s 7,000 languages, Spanish is the second most spoken.
- If you speak Spanish and English you can communicate with 80% of the people on the planet.
Benefits of being bilingual…
- Enriches and enhances cognitive development
- Improves reading and math
- Improves creativity
- Gives students a head start in the language requirements for college
- Creates more job opportunities and possibly higher pay
- Can help attain the Seal of Biliteracy on their high school diploma
- Helps students understand and appreciate other cultures
Facts have been gathered from the following resources: